Oddly, getting dressed hasn’t become easier, but a little more challenging since this challenge has finished. Ha.
But now that I have an arsenal of worthwhile wardrobe lessons to take with me for the rest of this pregnancy, I’d love to share in coming posts my maternity additions as I slowly grow the wardrobe.
The main lessons being:
- Accessories, accessories, accessories need to be a new focus for me when I shop.
- Makeup and hair can make or break an outfit. Especially the hair part. Looking through my 15 outfits, the ones that I cringe at are the ones where my hair was having a bad day.
- It has to be practical. If it’s not comfortable or toddler friendly, I’m not going to buy it. I have plenty of nice heels that I can use for date night, so there’s no real reason for me to focus on the fancy, and impractical right now.
- Less is more. Instead of buying an excess of new clothing, I’m going to pull purchase ideas from a couple of my polyvore boards I created instead; like this one, and this one. It simplifies my shopping list and should help me buy less.
- I came up with a much more focused list of things to buy/add to my wardrobe that I can follow through confidently on because going for 15 days with only 15 pieces makes it painfully obvious of what I actually need or could use.
- I think I want to do this once a season to keep me on my toes with what I actually need and prevent (you guessed it) overspending.
That’s all for now lovelies,